Okotoks, AB: Excel with Horses Private 3-Day Clinic
Are you looking to develop more confidence, control, and success with your horse?
Do you want to work towards a true partnership with your horse, built on respect and trust?
In this clinic Steve will help you attain these goals and become the natural leader that your horse needs you to be.
Location: Okotoks, AB, Canada
Clinic Host: Greg Parsons
Steve is one of the most sought-after instructors in the horse industry. Traveling all over the US and Canada, he has helped thousands of horses and riders develop more willing partnerships. His methods and teaching style are unique and produce instant results. Whether to overcome fears, or gain more control, participants will leave the clinic empowered and more excited about reaching their horsemanship goals.
This clinic is designed to be an overall learning experience that builds on several aspects of communication, confidence, respect, trust, impulsion, and performance. The clinic is open to people of all skill levels and disciplines, beginner to advanced are welcome. We also welcome horses of all ages and breeds.
Some of the things you will learn through the clinic are:
- Confidence to overcome fears.
- Tools to keep your horse calm, curious, and respectful.
- How to develop safe, content, and willing horses.
- Feel and timing to increase your horse’s “try”.
- Common mistakes of both the horse and rider.
- How to think from a horse’s point of view.
- What to expect from your horse and what to do when your horse does the unexpected.
- How to accomplish incredible things with your horse.
- Key exercises to unlock your horse’s potential.
- Exercises to correct your horse’s bad habits.
- How to gain overall control of your horse’s five body parts and get your horse supple and responsive.
- How to make the wrong thing difficult and the right thing easy, a key lesson for solving problems.
- How to get the most out of each training session with their horse at the clinic and at home!
Essentially, we will be teaching you the building blocks for success!
For participants under the age of 18, helmets are required (free Spectator Passes are available for parents of a minor participating in the clinic).
A snaffle is recommended for Level 1 horsemanship (however, for Level 2, you can bring a leverage bit). These items can be purchased at the clinic, as well as other Steve Rother approved equipment.
If unable to attend, please let us know prior to the first day of the clinic or your deposit will be lost.
Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE; however, if you let us know ahead of time that you are unable to attend, a credit may be issued that can be used towards a clinic at a later date or the purchase of Steve Rother DVDs.